Salary up to £45,000pa plus bonus
Our client is a highly regarded and successful investment management company who are in the process of transformative change that will shape the business for ambitious growth plans aimed at taking AUM from c.£17bn to £25bn over the next few years. This activity is creating excellent opportunities for driven and talented employees to progress within, what is, a business that recognises, supports and rewards talent.
This is a business development position working closely with a regionally focused BDM responsible for the identification and development of opportunities for company propositions with Independent Financial Adviser clients.
Successful applicants will demonstrate knowledge of the asset/investment management industry along with skills as featured below.
- Collaborate with the regional BDM and Head of the region to agree on a developmental panel of accounts they will own and be responsible for developing.
- Take the lead in selling all company propositions (regular product training provided).
- Assist in the retention of and upselling to other existing key accounts.
- Working closely with the regional BDM on their wider panel accounts.
- Field-based visits.
- Regularly meet and formally review client panels with the BDM
- Assist with regional event planning and organisation and with targeted campaigns.
- Commercial awareness – able to build credibility with IFAs, to understand their circumstances and requirements and then develop the content of effective and appropriate marketing.
- Relationship building skills – establish a high level of trust through competence and through strong questioning and listening skills.
- Verbal skills – an eloquent communicator able to clearly and passionately communicate and influence clients regarding the appropriate company proposition explaining the mechanics and processes involved.
- Mental dexterity and assertiveness – to respond appropriately, accurately and relevantly to questions, challenges or problems in an effective manner.
- Planning and time management skills
- Resilience – manage conflicting priorities and demands, ambiguity, high workload and rejection.
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Team working, collaboration combined with individual initiative.
- Personal development focus.
- Written skills and numeracy skills
Educated to degree level (preferred).
Industry qualifications including a Diploma in Financial Planning (CII or similar) or Investment Management Diploma (preferred).