£80k – £110k
My client is a leading global provider of investment management, investment processing and investment operations solutions and are looking for a Business Analyst to join their growing team.
Fantastic opportunity to work on a greenfield project requiring your middle office insight and operational experience to define the service, systems, processes and controls required to support the investment operations and administration of a large platform investing in Hedge Funds & Private Equities.
Once the service is live you will use your specialist asset class knowledge, combined with your knowledge of the service and the systems to form the nucleus of an Operational team to support the ongoing business.
What you’ll do:
- Provide critical input to the definition of the requirements, processes and controls that will shape the technology and the operational support model that will underpin the successful implementation of the Alternatives service.
- Play a leading role in working with internal system development resources to facilitate their understanding of the system requirements and the complexities of the asset class.
- Apply your Hedge Fund/Private Equity SME knowledge to the development of the workflow logic including the integration of the technology solutions.
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses in the workflows and provide ideas for technology based solutions and/or key risks to be managed and mitigated.
- Actively participate in defining test plans and managing the identification & resolution of defects as part of the project implementation and the ongoing service enhancement.
- Execution and processing of Hedge Fund & Private Equity transactions on the street and on the systems.
- Complex query analysis and resolution including client queries & internal issues such as reconciliations, failing trades, equalisation/series roll ups, pricing, asset static data and the interpretation of fund documentation and liquidity terms.
- Build a strong relationship with the clients enabling you to shape cost effective & operationally efficient requirements & processes that allow the technology to manage and mitigate the risks associated with the service.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the client offering & experience as the firm expands and refines the service.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Operational experience of medium-large scale portfolio investments into Hedge Funds & Private Equity within the Wealth Management/Private Bank/Fund of Hedge Funds or Fund Administration space.
- Deep familiarity with hedge fund transaction settlement and liquidity.
- Subject matter knowledge of liaising with fund administrators re subscriptions, redemptions, liquidity terms, equalisation, corporate events e.g. series roll ups, equalisation, side pockets etc
- Previous experience of understanding and interpreting the full range of fund documentation and associated terminology is a must.