Investment Analyst – Investment Management
Up to £35-40k plus bonus scheme and package
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly driven Investment Analyst to join a successful Investment Management company client of ours.
Our client, a highly successful and respected Investment Management company, was established 20 years’ ago to provide the founders and their families with an investment management service that suited their requirements and expectations. The company now proudly manages over £14bn of AUM sourced through both intermediated and private client channels and they provide a broad suite of services including Discretionary Investment Management, Wealth Management, Family Office and Charity/Trustees.
They have created a hardworking yet fun working culture and, while large enough to provide security and great career opportunities, they are small enough to recognise individual performance and see that it is rewarded.
- Contribute to the process of selection of investment vehicles that form part of the core company funds, model portfolios and discretionary segregated mandates.
- Contribute to the management of the portfolios and implementation of asset allocation views.
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials for investment views.
- Support the Portfolio Management team.
- Assist Investment Managers in monitoring their active and passive managers in accordance with sector responsibilities.
- Assist in the production and delivery of periodic sector reviews.
- Assist in the production of research notes following manager meetings.
- Contribute to Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation discussions.
- Support the day-to-day monitoring, management and administration of company funds, models and segregated portfolios.
- Produce data, with background analysis, written or oral, in the production of reports and presentations for the team and for marketing requirements.
- Assist relationship managers and the intermediary sales team with investment-related queries.
- To undertake any other tasks from time to time as directed by the Head of Portfolio Management.
- Must demonstrate a minimum 2-years’ experience in an investment Analyst role and now seeking an excellent place to further develop their career.
- A capable verbal and written communicator able to offer opinion, listen and take on advice and provide support at all levels within the team.
- Numerical accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Initiative – capability to learn to use judgement and formulate investment actions.
- A personable, driven and team orientated outlook with the ability with a positive attitude to change.
- Proficiency in excel desired
- SQL and Visual Basic experience preferred Knowledge
- Some economic and financial markets knowledge
- A good understanding of Bloomberg or similar data platform is desirable.
- Degree level
- Gained, or working towards gaining, the CFA or equivalent Other relevant information
- Ultimately reports to the Head of Portfolio Management but working with other members of the team on a day to day basis.