PRIVATE CLIENT MANAGER – EDINBURGH
£80-£90k+ and excellent bonus earning potential and Partnership qualification
Our client was established by a group of enterprising partners nearly twenty years ago with the aim of establishing an investment management proposition that better suited the requirements and expectations of their families. They are now a prestigious name in the sector with over 300 staff and over £14bn Assets under Management sourced through both intermediary and private channels. They offer a broad suite of services including Discretionary Investment Management, Wealth Management, Family Office and Charity/Trustee and, in tune with the company’s founding principles, the leadership team continues to invest their money alongside their clients’ focusing on building long-term trusted relationships.
Our client has created a hardworking yet fun working environment and, while large enough to provide security and great career opportunities, they are small enough to recognise individual performance and see that it is rewarded.
- Responsible for understanding and reviewing clients’ financial objectives, attitude to risk, existing personal circumstances and then proposing a suitable strategy using company Wealth management services.
- Capable of building relationships with both new and existing private clients.
- Lead flow for prospective clients will arise from a variety of sources including general marketing, events attendance, referrals, partnerships and professional relationships, alongside the PCM’s contacts.
Understanding clients’ financial needs, attitude to risk, personal circumstances and current investments to propose suitable solutions and strategies to help meet their objectives
- Reviewing existing investment portfolios, often producing a detailed written review and proposal as to how investments might be altered/improved.
- Meeting clients to present the proposed solutions.
- ‘Managing out’ existing investments and reinvesting the capital into proposed portfolios.
- Regular reporting of changes within portfolios and performance to clients.
- Attending review meetings with clients to maintain a suitable investment strategy.
- Highlighting wealth management opportunities.
Developing Business with New Clients
- Engage with and understand the prospective client’s needs.
- Present and discuss the appropriate propositions.
- Convert prospective clients into clients of the company.
- Continually engage with existing clients, deepening and developing relationships.
- Regularly review existing client’s circumstances to ensure suitable for their current circumstances.
- Excellent relationship-building skills including questioning and listening skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentational skills – individual and group scenarios.
- Assertiveness and tenacity.
- Planning and time management skills
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Team working combined with individual initiative, creativity and self-sufficiency
- Personal development focus.
- Commercial awareness
- Very strong awareness of, and passion for, financial markets and an awareness of the changing trends within the industry.
- A high degree of private client wealth and investment management knowledge including portfolio construction, asset allocation, UK and overseas investment markets, performance measurement and regulatory responsibilities.
- Appreciation of the opportunity and challenges of working with internal financial planners.
- Should have either held the CF30 under the Approved Persons regime or be a Certified individual under SMCR regime.
- Level 6 CISI PCIAM or equivalent and hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Statement of Professional Standing.
- Financial planning/wider wealth management knowledge desirable, but not essential